Question #682290 on Yade changed:

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
As far as I understand you have mask= 2, 1, and 3.
At this point the possible interactions are 1-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3.
The impossible ones are 1-2, they will never exist.
Agreed?

Then:
- if you set avoidSelf=1 you kill the 1-1 interactions.
- if you set avoidSelf=2 you kill the 2-2 interactions.
- if you set avoidSelf=3 you kill 1-1, 2-2, and 3-3; only 3-1 and 3-2 are left.

This is the expected behavior and it is what you script gives (a good
one! what about adding it to examples? it's funny to see the bounding
boxes shrinking as velocity decreases). I don't confirm your report in
terms of full/full-no.

Bruno

an answer contact for Yade.