Question #696480 on Yade changed:

Paul Pircher is still having a problem:
Hi and thanks for your input!

I know how I am supposed to receive parameters of interactions.
In my case, as can be seen in the code in the "PyRunner Function" - section, I
am using len( O.bodies[idSphere].intrs() ) to count the number of interactions
(which should return the number of all interactions with the sphere).
Furthermore I am extracting the phys-norm-force from the first interaction with
the sphere via O.bodies[idSphere].intrs()[0].phys.normalForce.norm(). Same
method for the penetrationDepth.
I also had a look at O.forces.f(idSphere)[2] to obtain the force on the sphere
in Z-direction with a different method.

However, the problem that I am facing in this particular example with
PFacets is, that using this approach does NOT provide correct data that
are in accordance with the visual observations. NO INTERACTION can be
found in here. Which is why I do not receive a penetrationDepth
parameter.

Since I am using the same approach and functions as you mentioned, I
assume that I the data mining itself would be correct, but my data is
found somewhere else. And I don't know where.

Since the observation of position and velocity does show correct behaviour,
somewhere the contact has to be computed.
Although there seems to be no interaction for that.

I hope that this is understandable.

> I do not see one that would properly fit YADE design.
Alright, thank you. This is also what I concluded. Seems like I am going to
have a look at the pfacet source code in order to know what I need to adapt or
add to obtain the behaviour of a different contact model.
Since the pfacet approach works fine for me so far (except that data mining
issue mentioned above) I think, that only few adaptations need to be done to
change the physical computations of the contact itself.

Thanks!

an answer contact for Yade.