"Lin Jen-Shin (godfat)" <god...@godfat.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Eric Wong <e...@80x24.org> wrote:
> > That said, running public-inbox+mlmmj has been easier than I expected it
> > to be the past 7 months (as far as dealing with spam + bounces go).
>
> Is it possible to have a single script to set this up soon? If it's really
> that
> easy to maintain, I should probably try it out.

I'm not a fan of telling people to run things without understanding
(take the scary disclaimer for yahns, for example :)
Instead, I've been meaning to streamline installation/setup and work on
better public-inbox docs+howtos over the holidays when I get the chance.

The goal for public-inbox is it can be run by anybody, even with just an
IMAP account (or even POP3) hosted by somebody else.  mlmmj (or
Mailman/smartlist...) delivery can be handled by somebody else on a
completely different machine.

mlmmj itself is already a well-established project and already in
Debian-based distros.  The main weakness (to me) is the lack of
a good archive retrieval system.