Public bug reported:

Bug #1354208 reported a security flaw in the way that we performed
substitution for catalog URLs. The immediate solution was to add a
whitelist of config fields that are safe to use with substitution. The
long term goal is to get rid of this feature and only allow tenant_id
and user_id to be used for substitution.

The first step for the Kilo release is to deprecate the feature.

** Affects: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Keystone.

  Deprecate catalog replacements and whitelists

Status in OpenStack Identity (Keystone):
  In Progress

Bug description: