Public bug reported:

With change [1] we accidentally removed a private method, which is used
by neutron-dynamic-routing. Furthermore, we tweaked the signature of the
corresponding public method. This is really bad and should have not
happened.

No point in crying over spilled milk, [3] shows us that damage is not as
bad as it sounds, and does not justify a revert for [1], but this
warrants an RC2 for dynamic-routing, whose unit tests are currently
broken for RC1.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/367182/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371680/
[3]
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=create_or_update_agent&i=nope&files=&repos=

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: newton-rc-potential

** Description changed:

  With change [1] we accidentally removed a private method, which is used
  by neutron-dynamic-routing. Furthermore, we tweaked the signature of the
  corresponding public method. This is really bad and should have not
  happened.

  No point in crying over spilled milk, [3] shows us that damage is not as
- bad and does not justify a revert for [1].
+ bad and does not justify a revert for [1], but this warrants an RC2 for
+ dynamic-routing, whose unit tests are currently broken for RC1.

  [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/367182/
  [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371680/
  [3]
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=create_or_update_agent&i=nope&files=&repos=

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron
    Milestone: None => newton-rc2

** Tags added: newton-rc-potential

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Armando Migliaccio (armando-migliaccio)

  _create_or_update_agent used by neutron-dynamic-routing

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description: