Adding a new configuration option is almost never temporary as deleting
config options is rarely backward-compatible.

The race condition, as I understand it, is as following:

1. Create HA router, have worker1 send 'router_updated' to agent1.
2. Delete HA router (done by worker2). worker2 will now detect that there are
no more HA routers and will delete the HA network for the tenant.
3. agent1 issues a 'sync_router', which triggers auto_schedule_routers.
create_ha_port_and_bind will try to create the HA port but there are no more IP
addresses available, causing add_ha_port to fail as specified in the first

Point #3 is a bit weird to me, as it looks like IPAM is detecting a
"network deleted during function run" as "no more IP addresses". In
addition, this should be caught by [2], forcing a silent retrigger of
this issue.

Aside from the issue that isn't clear to me, I'd like to point out that
the latest stable/mitaka [1] doesn't even trigger auto_schedule_routers
on sync_router (not since [3] - perhaps you're missing this backport?) -
hence the trace received in the first paste can't be reproduced. For
this reason, I'm closing this as Invalid. Liu, feel free to reopen if
you disagree with my assessment :)

(5860fb21e966ab8f1e011654dd477d7af35f7a27 is the latest stable/mitaka
hash that provided.)

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron

** Changed in: neutron
    Milestone: ocata-1 => None

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to neutron.

  Partial HA network causing HA router creation failed (race conditon)

Status in neutron:

Bug description:
  ENV: stable/mitaka,VXLAN
  Neutron API: two neutron-servers behind a HA proxy VIP.

  Exception log:

  Log [1] shows that the subnet of HA network is concurrently deleted
  while a new HA router create API comes. Seems the race conditon
  described in this bug is till exists :, where has description

  Some known exceptions:
  2. IpAddressGenerationFailure: (HA port created failed due to the
     concurrently HA subnet deletion)

  Log [2] has a very strange behavior that those 3 APIs have a same
  request-id [req-780b1f6e-2b3c-4303-a1de-a5fb4c7ea31e].

  Test scenario:
  Just create one HA router for a tenant, and then quickly delete it.

  For now, our mitaka ENV use VxLAN as tenant network type. So there is a very
large range of VNI.
  So don't save that, and temporarily solution, we add a new config to decide
whether delete the HA network every time.

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :
More help   :