With https://review.openstack.org/#/c/399684/ implemented, this should
no longer be an issue. Federated users should resolve to a domain, and
in the default case, the domain of the identity provider. This is the
behavior as of the Ocata release.

** Changed in: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Identity (keystone).

  Trust creation for SSO users fails in assert_user_enabled

Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Openstack version: Mitaka
  Operation: Heat stack/trust creation for SSO users

  For SSO users, keystone trust creation workflow fails while asserting
  that the user is enabled.

  The assert_user_enabled() function in keystone/identity/core.py fails at the
below line:
      self.resource_api.assert_domain_enabled(user['domain_id'])

  Since user['domain_id'] throws a KeyError for federated users, this
  function raises an exception. To avoid this failure, we should invoke
  assert_domain_enabled() check conditionally only for local users.

  Proposing to add a 'is_local' user flag to distinguish between local
  and federated users so that we can conditionally assert the user
  domain and do other such things.