That's not really a bug, right ? It's more about asking to have a new
possibility for resize, hence what we call a feature.

Please rather see
about our process, and create a new blueprint if you want so.

** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: nova

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Compute (nova).

  resize command should work without ssh

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):

Bug description:
  VM resizing should work without ssh connections between compute nodes if they
have the same shared storage.

  One option is to pass an additional argument if it's a resize on a
  shared storage. The same functionality is already implemented for vm

  Expected result
  Resizing on shared storage works without ssh connections between compute

  Actual result
  Resizing fails, because it requires an ssh connection between the source and
target host.

  1. Openstack version:
  nova-api 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-common 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-conductor 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-consoleauth 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-novncproxy 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-placement-api 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  nova-scheduler 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  python-nova 2:16.0.3-0ubuntu1~cloud0
  python-novaclient 2:9.1.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0

  2. Hypervisor:
  Libvirt + KVM

Mailing list:
Post to     :