This bug is believed to be fixed in cloud-init in 18.1. If this is still
a problem for you, please make a comment and set the state back to New

Thank you.

** Also affects: cloud-init

** Changed in: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  cloud-init status reports done before boot is finished

Status in cloud-init:
  Fix Released
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  lxc launch ubuntu-daily:bionic b3
  lxc exec b3 -- /bin/bash
  cloud-init status

  This returns 'done' even though cloud-final unit has not even started,
  typically cloud-init init mode=local has completed but we're waiting
  on networkd-wait-online to complete before cloud-config and cloud-
  final can run.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: cloud-init 17.2-30-gf7deaf15-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-31.34~16.04.1-generic 4.13.13
  Uname: Linux 4.13.0-31-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.8-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CloudName: NoCloud
  Date: Wed Feb  7 17:10:29 2018
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=C.UTF-8
  SourcePackage: cloud-init
  user_data.txt:
   #cloud-config
   ssh_authorized_keys:
     - ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDeShzUvzOCPWKyfRt0IsiO4//nyDwe6JgL0ZTHO+Wq1nRsuwysdoX9sAMlhAdgx3q6qbJu6Xa3ug1c4rqyszBBovsoOieF4ZzZzrPV4ekzzAaPB5jqCIRostiIimTnxOrnyRtdZ0F81q1jzL9SfyzlzhIVYvdcleEE8c2ziaNZfAeL/cD9MB9jCcxRTNuMQw27QE2yQ4na2YAm3tB0l6vDfiLIx9hstgwyj13I5VsFcoHNohyN0R+Fq6/Zz5rOHiUieiMcs0+b/khnfYKuqygQRpPWAl35OVJUSUgVnbRQsM9TstOfy5IxFxI5oBtueVX1ZUp/xibsZo/1V3dJkKet
 rharper@brettanomyces