Well that's embarrassing. I had accidentally slightly renamed my
log4j.properties file in my conf directory, so it was there, just not being
read. Apologies for the unnecessary spam. With this and the public key from
Andrew, I give my non-binding +1.

Eric

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:11 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<a...@effectivemachines.com> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2016, at 2:06 PM, Eric Badger <ebad...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
> wrote:
>

> WARNING: log4j.properties is not found. HADOOP_CONF_DIR may be incomplete.

> After running the above command, the RM UI showed a successful job, but as
> you can see, I did not have anything printed onto the command line. Hopefully
> this is just a misconfiguration on my part, but I figured that I would point
> it out just in case.

    It gave you a very important message in the output ...