Steve requested a git hash for this release. This led us into a brief
discussion of our use of git tags, wherein we realized that although
release tags are immutable (start with "rel/"), RC tags are not. This is
based on the HowToRelease instructions.

I asked in infra.chat about this, and filed a JIRA per their request. I'll
update the tags and release instructions once we have guidance.

For now though, here's the tag I pushed (email is immutable):

object a990d2ebcd6de5d7dc2d3684930759b0f0ea4dc3
type commit
tag release-3.0.0-alpha1-RC0
tagger Andrew Wang <w...@apache.org> 1472541776 -0700

Release candidate - 3.0.0-alpha1-RC0
gpg: Signature made Tue 30 Aug 2016 12:22:56 AM PDT using RSA key ID
7501105C
gpg: Good signature from "Andrew Wang (CODE SIGNING KEY) <
andrew.w...@cloudera.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Andrew Wang (CODE SIGNING KEY) <w...@apache.org>"