*Updates since Sep 22, 2016:*
We sent a merge YARN-3368 discussion email on Sep 22, 2016 and received
some valuable feedbacks, since then, we have updated:
*- The biggest change* is configuration model, the latest UI project
doesn't require to configure RM/Timeline-server's address in a separate
config (configs.env) any more, it will directly get timeline server address
from REST endpoint of RM, more details please refer to (YARN-5145)
And some minor fixes:
- Moved all temporary ember/npm build stuffs to target/ like all the other
- Removed unnecessary files in source tree and ASF license exclusions.
We propose to merge YARN-3368 (YARN next generation web UI) development
branch into trunk for better development, would like to hear your thoughts
before sending out vote mail.
The new UI will co-exist with the old YARN UI, by default it is disabled.
Please refer to User documentation of the new YARN UI
In addition, There’re two working-in-progress features need the new UI to
be merged to trunk for further development.
1) UI of YARN Timeline Server v2 (YARN-2928)
2) UI of YARN ResourceManager Federation (YARN-2915).
*Status of YARN next generation web UI*
- Cluster Overview Page
- Scheduler page
- Applications / Application / Application-attempts pages
- Nodes / Node page
Integration to YARN
- Hosts new web UI in RM
- Integrates to maven build / package
- Added dependencies to LICENSE.txt/NOTICE.txt
- Documentated how to use it. (In hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-
Major items will finish on trunk:
- Security support
We have run the new UI in our internal cluster for more than 3 months, lots
of people have tried the new UI and gave lots of valuable feedbacks and
reported suggestions / issues to us. We fixed many of them so now we
believe it is more ready for wider folks to try.
Merge JIRA for Jenkins is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4734.
The latest Jenkins run
Please share your thoughts about this.