I just see that this is reverted.
commit 39ad98903a5f042573b97a2e5438bc57af7cc7a1 (origin/trunk, origin/HEAD)
Author: Anu Engineer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu Jul 5 12:22:18 2018 -0700
Revert "Merge branch 'trunk' of
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop into trunk"
This reverts commit c163d1797ade0f47d35b4a44381b8ef1dfec5b60, reversing
changes made to 0d9804dcef2eab5ebf84667d9ca49bb035d9a731.
commit c163d1797ade0f47d35b4a44381b8ef1dfec5b60
Merge: 0d9804dcef2 99febe7fd50
Author: Giovanni Matteo Fumarola <[email protected]>
Date: Thu Jul 5 10:55:05 2018 -0700
Merge branch 'trunk' of https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop
into trunk
- Sunil
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Arun Suresh <[email protected]> wrote:
> I agree with Sean, to be honest.. it is disruptive.
> Also, we have to kind of lock down the repo till it is completed..
>
> I recommend we be careful and try not to get into this situation again..
>
> -1 on force pushing..
>
> Cheers
> -Arun
>
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 1:55 PM Sean Busbey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If we need a vote, please have a thread with either DISCUSS or
> > preferably VOTE in the subject so folks are more likely to see it.
> >
> > that said, I'm -1 (non-binding). force pushes are extremely
> > disruptive. there's no way to know who's updated their local git repo
> > to include these changes in the last few hours. if a merge commit is
> > so disruptive that we need to subject folks to the inconvenience of a
> > force push then we should have more tooling in place to avoid them
> > (like client side git hooks for all committers).
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Wangda Tan <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > +1 for force reset the branch.
> > >
> > > On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 12:14 PM Subru Krishnan <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >> Looking at the merge commit, I feel it's better to reset/force push
> > >> especially since this is still the latest commit on trunk.
> > >>
> > >> I have raised an INFRA ticket requesting the same:
> > >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16727
> > >>
> > >> -S
> > >>
> > >> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Sean Busbey
> > <[email protected]>
> > >> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> > FYI, no images make it through ASF mailing lists. I presume the
> image
> > was
> > >> > of the git history? If that's correct, here's what that looks like
> in
> > a
> > >> > paste:
> > >> >
> > >> > https://paste.apache.org/eRix
> > >> >
> > >> > There are no force pushes on trunk, so backing the change out would
> > >> require
> > >> > the PMC asking INFRA to unblock force pushes for a period of time.
> > >> >
> > >> > Probably the merge commit isn't a big enough deal to do that. There
> > was a
> > >> > merge commit ~5 months ago for when YARN-6592 merged into trunk.
> > >> >
> > >> > So I'd say just try to avoid doing it in the future?
> > >> >
> > >> > -busbey
> > >> >
> > >> > On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Giovanni Matteo Fumarola <
> > >> > [email protected]> wrote:
> > >> >
> > >> > > Hi folks,
> > >> > >
> > >> > > After I pushed something on trunk a merge commit showed up in the
> > >> > history. *My
> > >> > > bad*.
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> > > Since it was one of my first patches, I run a few tests on my
> > machine
> > >> > > before checked in.
> > >> > > While I was running all the tests, someone else checked in. I
> > correctly
> > >> > > pulled all the new changes.
> > >> > >
> > >> > > Even before I did the "git push" there was no merge commit in my
> > >> history.
> > >> > >
> > >> > > Can someone help me reverting this change?
> > >> > >
> > >> > > Thanks
> > >> > > Giovanni
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> > --
> > >> > busbey
> > >> >
> > >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > busbey
> >
>