Hi Folks,
As of now we have two profiles for HBase: one for HBase v1(1.7.1) & other
for v2(2.2.4). The versions are specified over here: [1], how to build is
mentioned over here: [2]

As of now we by default run our Jenkins "only" for HBase v1, so we have
seen HBase v2 profile silently breaking a couple of times.

Considering there are stable versions for HBase v2 as per [3] & HBase v2
seems not too new, I have some suggestions, we can consider:

* Make HBase v2 profile as the default profile & let HBase v1 profile stay
in our code.
* Ditch HBase v1 profile & just lets support HBase v2 profile.
* Let everything stay as is, just add a Jenkins job/ Github action which
compiles HBase v2 as well, so we make sure no change breaks it.

Personally I would go with the second option, the last HBase v1 release
seems to be 2 years back, it might be pulling in some
problematic transitive dependencies & it will open scope for us to support
HBase 3.x when they have a stable release in future.

Let me know your thoughts!!!

-Ayush

[1]
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/dae871e3e0783e1fe6ea09131c3f4650abfa8a1d/hadoop-project/pom.xml#L206-L207