Naming names.
  _____

COSATU on white no letters.png

COSATU Limpopo Calls on Leaders of the ANC

and its Structures, to Dismantle

Factions, Cliques and The Demon of Tribalism

For the past years, the Congress of South African Trade Unions in Limpopo
has been at the forefront of fighting against factionalism, which led to the
disbandment of the previous PEC of the ANC. During our 4th Provincial
Congress held in June 2014, we called for the newly elected PEC to act
decisively on the following:

§  Deal with the new tendency in our province;

§  Dismantle factions, cliques and cabals within the movement;

§  Dismantle the demon of tribalism

§  Rebuild structures of the movement

*       Unite the ANC and the alliance in the province

However, our observation to date is that the current PEC collective has been
unable to adequately respond to the above ills afflicting the movement in
the province. There has not been a single conscious programme that is aimed
at dealing with factionalism and tribalism in particular, since the 2014
Provincial Congress of the ANC. The recent 2016 Local Government Elections
provincial voter turnout, the lowest in the country, is a clear indication
of a movement under siege from its own self destruction mode and therefore
bold interventions are needed if we are to save the ANC in Limpopo in
particular.

We are equally aware that some regions of the ANC are preparing for their
regional conferences before the end of 2016. As predictable, lobbying
through factional manner have begun in earnest in all these regions thereby
further deepening divisions within the movement in the province. Our
understanding as the federation is that factionalism has the following ugly
characteristics:

·         It’s a cancer that if not reversed will kill our movement

·         It does not have political consciousness;

·         Divisive;

·         Self-centred and self-serving

·         Regionalistic and

*       Tribalistic in nature.

We are therefore making the following call:

1.     The comrades Chupu Stanley Mathabatha and Nocks Seabi, ANC Provincial
Chairperson and Secretary respectively, must urgently disband their factions
in the province and in regions, close ranks and work for the unity of the
movement;

2.     That comrades Seaparo Charles Sekoati and Basikopo Makamu, ANC Mopani
Regional Chairperson and Secretary respectively must urgently disband their
factions, close ranks and work for the unity of the movement in their
region;

3.     That comrades Morris Mataboge and Tolly Mashamaite, ANC Waterberg
Regional Chairperson and Secretary respectively must urgently disband their
factions, close ranks and work for the unity of the movement in their
region;

4.     That comrades Ishmael Kgetsepe and Jerry Maseko, ANC Sekhukhune
Regional Chairperson and Secretary respectively must urgently disband their
factions, close ranks and work for the unity of the movement in their
region;

5.     That comrades Dewet Monakedi and Eugene Masete, ANC Peter Mokaba
Regional Chairperson and Secretary respectively must urgently disband their
TUT and Masana factions, close ranks and work for the unity of the movement
in their region;

6.     That comrades Tshitereke Mathibe and Khathu Netsifhefhe, ANC Vhembe
Regional Chairperson and Secretary respectively must urgently disband their
factions, close ranks and work for the unity of the movement in their
region;

We are equally calling on all other leaders of the ANC in the province and
regions to contribute towards the unity of the movement in the province.

Our message to the leadership of the ANC is that if there are those who are
not prepared to dismantle factions and unite the movement in the province,
they can as well stand aside and give those that are ready to do so or they
are going to be forced to do so.

In furtherance, the federation has resolved as follows:

a)     Call for the convening of a Joint Provincial Alliance Political
School before regional conferences;

b)    Call upon all workers who are members of the ANC to condemn and
disrupt factionalism wherever it manifest itself in their branches;

c)     Appeal to members of the ANC to:

o   Reject factionalism and tribalism as they prepare for regional and
provincial conferences;

o   Reject leaders whose interest is to divide the movement, isolate other
members and leaders of the ANC on the basis of different views and tribal
background;

d)    To begin engaging all leaders in regions and the province to call for
unity of the movement;

e)     Engage veterans of the ANC, MKMVA, SANCO, the PYA and other
progressive forces in the province towards the unity of the movement;

f)      Convene a Joint SACP-COSATU Provincial Political Commission on the
18th October 2016 to develop a shared and a common political posture as the
left with regard to the coming conferences in the province;

g)     That the federation will be convening its structures at regional
level from the 19th – 27th October 2016 to develop a shared and common
understanding towards building and defending the unity of the ANC and the
gains our National Democratic Revolution.

Issued on 17 October 2016 by COSATU Limpopo

For more information contact Gerald Mkhomazi Twala, COSATU Provincial
Secretary at 071 587 2872

database 14293 (20161017) __________

http://www.eset.com

You are subscribed. This footer can help you.
Please POST your comments to yclsa-eom-forum@googlegroups.com or reply to this
message.
You can visit the group WEB SITE at
http://groups.google.com/group/yclsa-eom-forum for different delivery options,
pages, files and membership.
don't have to put anything in the "Subject:" field. You don't have to put
anything in the message part. All you have to do is to send an e-mail to this
address (repeat): yclsa-eom-forum-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com .
---
"YCLSA Discussion Forum" group.
to yclsa-eom-forum+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.