arg. Replying to the entire list now. Apologies for the extra mail, Xabi.

On 5/4/05, Xabi Vazquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi to all:
>
>  is there any solution to this problem?

What exactly is problematic about it? It seems obvious, but "we can
never do merely one thing." If one solves the wrong problem, as an
unintended consequence one might remove a beneficial feature.

It's an obvious artefact of the system, so it has most likely been
discussed already--along with proposed solutions and tradeoffs. People
will probably follow up with these?

>  note that these urls are the same, but are indexed as different ones:
>
>  http://www.foo.com/test/
>  http://foo.com/test/
>  http://www.foo.com/test/index.html
>  http://foo.com/test/index.html
>  ....
>
>  xabi
>
> 2005/5/4, sheila miguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
[...]
- Hide quoted text -
> > The number of other users linking to the content doesn't exactly show
> > the number of people linking to the same content. I wonder if an
> > estimated number would work. But I'm not suggesting this as a feature,
> > I'm merely curious about speculating on the behavioral consequences. I
> > don't fully grok what it might evolve into.


-- 
sheila
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to