On 5/4/05, Xabi Vazquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[urls to the same content showing up as unique]

> It's not a big problem, but statistics are not real (popular pages, "... and
> xxx other people ..."), you know.

Yeah. Back when the list was discussing the usability of "and x other
people" some people described the utility of that feature.

Here's a point of view from me as a user: If there is no "and x other
people" on a link I've created due to picking an unpopular view of it,
then I am less likely to be able to find people with similar
interests. that's the decrease in utility for me.

on the other hand, the population of users may get to a point where
idiosyncratic links have enough people to raise the thresehold for
that particular use of the feature. This "problem" may go away with
enough time. and/or perhaps the population doesn't matter so much as
the rate of adaptation. maybe it just takes a little longer for others
to adapt the link. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm just thinking outloud, this is not my day job, and other
embarassment-allaying disclaimers. :)
-- 
sheila
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to