Nick P wrote:

Maybe there could be an "and x other URLs from this domain" view, which
would have the dual benefit of

1) pointing out other content of interest from that domain
2) possibly showing that there is a more popular view of the content
which you could bookmark instead.

Just to chime in, that sounds like the best idea so far to me: it doesn't require that any one way is the *correct* way: it just points to other ways. Very inclusive. On the other hand, this doesn't address redirecting urls.

Redirecting is tricky, since anyone can redirect to anywhere.

Take the famous example of 2600 Enterprises redirecting requests
to http://fuckgeneralmotors.com/ to http://ford.com/. I may want
to bookmark the former URL and tag it with "hacker critique",
but that doesn't mean I want to bookmark http://ford.com/ with
those tags.

On the other hand, it might be nice if del.icio.us grokked 301
(Moved Permanently) status codes, I guess.

Ryan
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to