Joshua & gang, hello. For those us with tons of bookmarks stored in our del.icio.us accounts, there needs to be a way to mass-edit them. For example, after some thinking I've concluded that another set of tags would work better for my bookmarks than my current set of tags, so I need to rewrite all of them. Currently, the only way to do this is one-by-one, clicking on the "edit" link of each bookmark.
Also, as noted in these two discussions where the topic of mass-editing is covered, there may be a way to do this stuff using Python/etc. hacks, but these are well beyond the reach of an average user: http://lists.del.icio.us/pipermail/discuss/2004-July/000521.html http://lists.del.icio.us/pipermail/discuss/2005-April/002866.html While not elegant (at all!), here's my quick mockup for how a "mass edit" can be achieved: http://kostas.yoink/view/delicious-mass-edit-01.png Basically, it's each bookmark's 4 input fields (plus the delete checkbox) one after the other, and a "save all changes" button at the end. I've only used three bookmarks here for screenshot's sake, but this is obviously meant for mass editing a large number of bookmarks (do I hear 100?). Also, I've added a different background color (grey) to the second bookmark's table to help differentiate it visually from the others. This color-change trick would be even more useful in the case of mass-editing 100 bookmarks (I think). Also, I've added a margin at the bottom of each bookmark's table, again to make spotting each bookmark easier. Let me know what you think. (One problem I can think of, is that it may be causing some load on the del.icio.us servers, considering that 100 bookmarks will be edited simultaneously with the click of a button.) I repeat, I know it's ugly - if you can come up with something more elegant that addresses the same problem efficiently, I'd be more than grateful. Best, Konstantinos http://kostas.yoink.com/ _______________________________________________ discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

