Hi Emily,

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 12:06:48PM -0500, Emily wrote:
> Hi Quentin -
>
> That's what I tried originally! DEPENDS on boost and not boost-python gives

I should have read more carefully, sorry.

> me the following error when trying to build my original recipe:
>
> /local/d6/easmith5/rocko_bitbake/poky/build/tmp/work/aarch64
> -poky-linux/opc-ua-server-gfex/1.0+gitAUTOINC+921c563309
> -r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/aarch64-poky-linux/../../
> libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/7.3.0/ld:
> cannot find -lboost_python-mt
>
> So I tried a bunch of other this which also didn't seem to work.

So... After googling a little bit I stumbled upon:
https://askubuntu.com/a/486184

"The -mt suffix had been removed. The installed Boost libraries are
multi-threading safe."

I couldn't find an official statement/changelog somewhere so to be taken
with a grain of salt.

But I think you actually need to patch whatever is requiring -lboost_python-mt
and change it to -lboost_python only in your sources.

At the same time, I can't believe you're trying to build a software that
wasn't built in the last 7 years. So I'm sceptical this is the actual
fix?

I tried to access the sources of the SW you're trying to build but from
the few tries I had, couldn't manage to get my hands on it. I'm guessing
some credentials are required.

Can you try the above suggestion and let us know how that goes?

Quentin