Hi Sangeeta/Vineela,

On Sat, 2020-04-11 at 07:26 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
> This is the full report for yocto-3.1.rc2:
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-testresults-contrib/tree/?h=intel-yocto-testresults
>
> ======= Summary ========
> No high milestone defects.
> No new defects are found in this cycle.
>
> Note: Few failures are observed. These are setup issue since running
> tests remotely, not real yocto issue.

Thanks for the QA run!

The TSC met today and this was one of the topics discussed. We would
have time for another build and QA run but none of the queued changes
or open bugs appear to be significant enough to warrant that.

We'd therefore like to proceed to release rc2 which will be slightly
ahead of schedule and aim to have a prompt point release thereafter
with the inevitable fixes as people start using it.

Paul (cc'd) is working on the release notes which is a ton of work and
much appreciated, thanks Paul.

Vineela: Could you prepare the release so we're ready when we have the
release notes please?

We're also pleased to say we do have an LTS maintainer lined up and
that should be announced soon.

Cheers,

Richard