Hello Richard,

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org> On Behalf Of
Richard Purdie
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:12 PM
To: Jain, Sangeeta <sangeeta.j...@intel.com>; yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org;
Tummalapalli, Vineela <vineela.tummalapa...@intel.com>; Paul Eggleton
<bluelightn...@bluelightning.org>
Cc: ota...@ossystems.com.br; yi.z...@windriver.com; Sangal, Apoorv
<apoorv.san...@intel.com>; Yeoh, Ee Peng <ee.peng.y...@intel.com>; Chan, Aaron
Chun Yew <aaron.chun.yew.c...@intel.com>; akuster...@gmail.com;
sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [yocto] QA notification for completed autobuilder build
(yocto-3.1.rc2)

Hi Sangeeta/Vineela,

On Sat, 2020-04-11 at 07:26 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
> This is the full report for yocto-3.1.rc2:
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/yocto-testresults-contrib/t
> ree/?h=intel-yocto-testresults
>
> ======= Summary ========
> No high milestone defects.
> No new defects are found in this cycle.
>
> Note: Few failures are observed. These are setup issue since running
> tests remotely, not real yocto issue.

Thanks for the QA run!

The TSC met today and this was one of the topics discussed. We would have time
for another build and QA run but none of the queued changes or open bugs appear
to be significant enough to warrant that.

We'd therefore like to proceed to release rc2 which will be slightly ahead of
schedule and aim to have a prompt point release thereafter with the inevitable
fixes as people start using it.

Paul (cc'd) is working on the release notes which is a ton of work and much
appreciated, thanks Paul.

Vineela: Could you prepare the release so we're ready when we have the release
notes please?
[Vineela]: Thank you for the update. Yes I'm preparing the release. After we
get release notes, I have to get the testreport and release notes reviewed and
approved by TSC. Once reviewed and approved, will get the tagging done and will
be ready for the release announcement.
---
We're also pleased to say we do have an LTS maintainer lined up and that should
be announced soon.

Cheers,

Richard