FWIW: I'm mounting my OE drives with barrier=0 and ext4 without journal
(commit=10000 cannot be used on ext4 without journal)

BTW: During last OE Happy Hours Khem mentioned using F2FS on NVMEs, anyone
else already played with it?

Not sure how different the effect is from the suggested sysctl setting, but
for my work station I would use it only for build disks (as there are some
more valuable data on other disks including my PREMIRROR and the backup of
NVMEs without SSTATE and TMPDIRs), so I don't mind much loosing data from
these NVMEs, but using the same on regular /home would be bad.