On 13-03-01 11:42 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
Given that Greg KH has publicly stated linux-3.8 is not a long term
stable kernel, is it worth the effort to support it in Yocto?

We don't need LTSI to make a kernel worth supporting. We pick our
kernels based on the timing of the Yocto release schedule (the
time and criteria are documented on the yoctoproject wiki IIRC).

But note, Greg is talking specifically about LTSI, we don't
expect more than one LTSI per year, and we are already locked into
the LTSI 3.4. We've known Greg's strategy and plans for a while, so
this isn't a surprise. He'll do his normal -stable releases for
3.8 and drop them once 3.9 arrives, which is also expected.

Cheers,

Bruce

http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/3.8-is_not_longterm_stable.html