On Thursday, May 1, 2014, Robert P. J. Day <rpj...@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 May 2014, Rudolf Streif wrote:
>

> >         i would think *someone* would be doing a yocto talk at linuxcon
> in
> >       august. if not, i'll propose one since i need an excuse to go. if
> one
> >       is already on the schedule, i'll propose something else.
> >
> > The typical target for YP (and the YP Dev Day) were the Embedded
> > Linux Conferences not that much the more general LinuxCon. However,
> > during a conversation at LinuxCon NA last year in NOLA I learned
> > from a company that they are using YP to build custom stacks for
> > their cloud servers. From that perspective having a YP talk at LCNA
> > would actually be a good idea. A talk how one could use YP to build
> > your own desktop or server distro may be interesting and extend the
> > reach of the YP.
>
>   i think that's what i'm going to submit. tomorrow's the submission
> deadline so i have to get something in quick. i figure i'll submit
> something like "Building an Embedded Linux System Using YoctoProject",
> using the BeagleBone Black as the platform example.

I have done a POC generating very small specific appliances using OE and
lxc, in previous life which you then launch in thousands on demands on a
big server to do specific jobs like subscriber connections etc. I think
such a topic would definitely interest linuxcon attendees, I don't plan to
attend this one but if someone wants to take this and develop into a talk I
can help.