On 6 March 2018 at 19:48, Giordon Stark <kra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> where PV=0.2 (open62541_0.2.bb). And I see an error on install (full log:
> https://gist.github.com/kratsg/5c3740ab72403595d5b9e0e855a3697f)
>
> | CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:40 (file):
> |   file INSTALL cannot find
> |   "/local/d4/gstark/poky/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/
> open62541/0.2-r0/build/open62541.h".
>
> So I'm wondering if I screwed up something by using the tarball instead of
> a clone. I thought I translated it relatively well, and the release matches
> the hash I was using.

You can drop the S assignment as that is the default value.

Github /archive/ tarballs can and do change over time, which gets very
annoying when you need to go and change the checksums.

If open62541 don't provide proper tarballs then keep it doing a git clone
of the sha of that tag.

My hunch without reading the upstream CMake files is that they don't
support out-of-tree builds.  If it worked from git then that's another
reason to switch back.

Ross