On 6 March 2018 at 20:24, Giordon Stark <kra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can drop the S assignment as that is the default value.
> Didn't realize, neat. I knew I needed to set it for `git` clones since it
> always throws it into a ${WORKDIR}/git folder.

Yes, for git clones you need to override it.

>> Github /archive/ tarballs can and do change over time, which gets very
>> annoying when you need to go and change the checksums.
> Really? Dang...

Yeah. :/  Took us ages to verify this happens but it definitely does.

> My hunch without reading the upstream CMake files is that they don't
>> support out-of-tree builds.  If it worked from git then that's another
>> reason to switch back.
> It seems like this is the case here. I'm ok using git clones for now.
> Thanks.

It *shouldn't* matter here as the /archive/ tarball should have identical
contents to a clone of the same tag, but it's possible that the build
system looks for a .git/ directory and changes how it builds.  That's kind
of stupid but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen it break builds.

yocto mailing list