On 10 May 2018 at 12:53, Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for testing
>
> On 5/10/18 7:34 AM, Dan McGregor wrote:
>>
>> On 4 May 2018 at 18:26, Khem Raj <raj.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> As you might have noticed that gcc 8.1 was released this week, I am
>>> calling out for some testing help on testing branch so we can weed out
>>> issues you might see in your setups. so if you have your
>>> builders idling over weekend, then you know what they can do this weekend
>>> :)
>>>

>> Thanks for this. The only two issues I noticed are that the
>> Wandboard's kernel doesn't compile with gcc 8.1,
>

> what errors do you see ?

I expect the standard "Linux 4.1" errors. A bunch of ignored
attributes and incompatible type aliases:

tmp-glibc/work-shared/wandboard/kernel-source/include/linux/log2.h:22:1:
warning: ignoring attribute 'noreturn' because it conflicts with
attribute 'const' [-Wattributes]
 int ____ilog2_NaN(void)

tmp-glibc/work-shared/wandboard/kernel-source/include/linux/syscalls.h:195:18:
warning: 'sys_clone' alias between functions of incompatible types
'long int(long unsigned int,  long unsigned int,  int *, int,  int *)'
and 'long int(long int,  long int,  long int,  long int,  long int)'
[-Wattribute-alias]
  asmlinkage long sys##name(__MAP(x,__SC_DECL,__VA_ARGS__)) \

I can give you the full compile log if you'd like, but I think others
want it kept off the list.

>  and gcc-sanitizers
>>
>> now throws a packaging error on (at least) x86_64.
>> ${libdir}/liblsan_preinit.o is a new file that should go into
>> liblsan-dev.
>

> That seems to be the case, I wonder why my world build for qemux86_64 did
> not find this error. I would like to reproduce this and the fix is then
> simple.

My x86_64 build was multilib enabled. I doubt that had anything to do
with it, but I suppose it's possible.