Well I should have just used what I want to actually do as the example, and
not a QA action.

I want to create a new type of manifest that is only my layer, that will
include line items that basically has like: package name, version, download
URL, checksum, license.

I have no idea yet how to implement it, but wanted to make sure it was
feasible.