On 7/10/2018 1:04 PM, Michael Habibi wrote:
Well I should have just used what I want to actually do as the example, and not a QA action.

I want to create a new type of manifest that is only my layer, that will include line items that basically has like: package name, version, download URL, checksum, license.

I have no idea yet how to implement it, but wanted to make sure it was feasible.

It is.

You more or less just need to figure out which layer the recipe comes from. Then you can build functions on top of that.

https://github.com/MontaVista-OpenSourceTechnology/meta-montavista-cgx/blob/master/conf/layerinfo.inc

We modify the mirror we point to based on what layer the recipe resides in...The specific function that would interest you is
get_layername

Which we set LAYER_NAME to, then we use functions to do things with LAYER_NAME.