Hello Stefano,

I am (almost) perfectly aligned with kernel.org, and I (personally)
decided to use git. Since I start understanding importance of Linus.
Linux officers and their Linux philosophy.

Now... Answers to your email. KAS (Siemens developed tool by Jan
Kiszka and his crew) is the supplement for the fast/quick building the
YOCTO, to use ONLY rootfs. NOT kernel. NOT aligned with the git tool.
Not applicable for purposes as git.

On the other note, repo is GOOGLE tool. Promoted by them. Most of the
ARM followers (such as Toradex) use repo tool.

You say: I talk to the wrong crew. I think opposite. I am giving the
generic message via YOCTO email list, to avoid hundreds of particular
emails, so we can unify the effort. Which is not minor. Rather
opposite: major.

Since, I guess, this is of the major importance. For YOCTO survival.
The direction is one: git tool. For all YOCTO developers. IMHO.

Stefano,

You, as major official representative of U-Boot philosophy (and
Wolfgang's Denk right hand), do not take sides, rather ad-hoc
approach. For you, this topic is not important. Appreciated your help.

I am asking here for much higher awareness. YOCTO better survival in The Future.

Thank you,
Zoran
_______