Chuck,

Unless I am missing something (which I cannot entirely rule out), the
default PREMIRRORS should actually do what you want. For the poky distro
configuration has this:

PREMIRRORS ??= "\
bzr://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
cvs://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
git://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
gitsm://.*/.* http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
hg://.*/.*    http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
osc://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
p4://.*/.*    http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n \
svn://.*/.*   http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ \n"

This causes the fetcher to intercept and translate all the SCM protocols
into http downloads from the YP mirror. Since you are saying wget works
for you this should actually automatically work for you. If you build
system can at least download using http then

bitbake <target> --runall=fetch

should download all the sources for you. Then you can disconnect the box
from the Internet and start the build offline.

:rjs

--
-----
Rudolf J Streif