On 9/27/19 2:27 AM, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 27/09/2019 05:33, Chuck Wolber wrote:
>> I was hoping that there was an equally simple way of grabbing git
>> repository packages from an Internet connected host without having a
>> bitbake build cache them for me.
>
> The easy way is to get bitbake to do it for you.  A git mirror tarball
> is just a clone with a specific name and path, but the easy solution
> is definitely to run bitbake --c fetchall on a machine with
> connectivity and expose the DL_DIR to the builders.
>
> This is what the yocto autobuilder does, by the way.  The workers
> don't have connectivity to the outside internet, so the master does a
> fetchall with the proxies configured to populate DL_DIR before the
> workers do the actual build.

Same thing here. I run a build system instance that simply downloads all
the sources and places them on a local mirror. The only thing to think
about is that if you have different targets they might require different
source packages albeit there is always a larger overlap of packages that
are always required. However, it's not too big of a problem launching
the 'fetcher' instance repeatedly with different target since only
what's missing will of course be downloaded.

Another layer of complexity is of course added if you work with
different versions of YP and OE layers. I solve this with Gitlab and
submodules. A target project is a repo in Gitlab and the YP/OE layers
are submodules. Gitlab handles that quite nicely.

:rjs

-----
Rudolf J Streif
CEO/CTO ibeeto