On 11/13/19 9:59 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:02 PM Nicholas Krause <xerofo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings All,

I'm a student working on multi-threading GCC and researching it. Seems
that it my

time doing it and other things with the project it would be great to
start collaborating

on testing gcc/llvm upstream with Yocto. Granted there is a testsuite
for both but it

would be great to also test it against a build system that builds real
world software.

Furthermore I'm aware that this is done for Yocto toolchain selection
internally but it

would be great if we can start collaborating on testing upstream
toolchains if

possible.
I think its a good idea. Currently, we test released versions mostly,
however, there is
a class to switch to git versions and primarily be able to use tip of
master for a given
recipe, this would be something I wish we had but so far we have not
fully completed it
I know Ross had started this work and created initial skeleton, So
step one would be to
complete that class so we can easily switch recipes to use dev
versions of packages
this will go beyond GCC but certainly will be a tremendous achievement.

Does Ross have a copy of the skeleton or someone else as I would

like to take a look at it. Don't think I will be much help writing it as

I'm not too familiar with bitbake recipes or classes themselves.

Cheers,

Nick

Not sure if that's done already so sorry for the noise if it is,

Nick