As the question was almost simultaneously cross-posted on stackoverflow,
see answer there:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58947276/device-is-unable-to-boot-or-install-with-generated-hddimg/58948913#58948913

Greetz

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 06:40:35AM +0000, Oriya, Raxesh wrote:
> All,
>
> I have device which has following configuration:
>
> - Chipset architecture - `Intel NM10 express`
> - Processor - `Atom D2550 Dual Core`
> - Display - `DVI`
> - Volatile Memory - `2GB DDR3`
> - Storage - `16GB`
>
> **Objective**: Device should run yocto embededded OS successfully
>
> What I have done,
>
> - Downloaded three required yocto layers for warrior branch i.e. 1. poky 2.
> meta-openembedded 3. meta-intel
> - Modified `local.conf` with `MACHINE ??= "intel-core2-32"`
> - Ran `source poky/oe-init-build-env`
> - Generated `.hddimg` by bitbake `core-image-minimal`
> - Flashed `.hddimg` to thumb drive through `dd` command
>
> Attached thumb drive to device and I could see BOOT and INSTALL option, upon
> clicking any of them nothing happens(not even logs) i.e. Blank screen
>
> Troubleshooting I tried out are,
>
> 1. Tried to boot `lubuntu` and it was successful
> 2. Replaced kernel & initrd of `lubuntu` with yocto's one and booting was
> successful which indicates there is no issue with kernel or initrd in
> `.hddimg` generated by yocto
> 3. Tried some experiment with `syslinux` as well but didn't work out
>
> Regards,
> Raxesh
>

> --

———————————————
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548