Notwithstanding PW's horse-flogging point, may I make a more general observation about multiple ways of working?

There is more than one use for a nested folder system - a desire for nested folders doesn't necessarily mean you aren't using tags effectively or searching for data effectively. The more powerful and flexible an application (Yojimbo being a case in point), the more different ways of working are desirable, and one does not necessarily negate or replace the other.

Here is one way I would use nested folders right now that has nothing to do with 'replacing' tagging:

I use Yojimbo to manage my GTD-style 'To Do' system. I have hundreds of fully-tagged notes representing current projects and so on in my system. I also have a series of tags to denote specific individuals I need to discuss things with (Agendas).

When I need to consult an individual about a project, I add the agenda tag for that individual to the Yojimbo item for that project. This then automatically adds the item to the tag collection representing the daily agenda for that person. I have 8-10 different tag collections representing agendas for various individuals (and this is likely to grow in the future) and I would like them all in one folder I can collapse when I'm not speaking to any of those people.

And no, I don't want to have to do a search for the specific agenda tag every time I need to talk to someone. The more complex and powerful tag collections (and in future smart collections) become, the less a simple search in the search box is going to be able to replace them.

It is therefore perfectly possible for nested folders to complement tags, just as labels can complement tags and so on. It is rash to assume that one way of working is diametrically opposed to another, or that just because you don't see a use for something no one else does either.

Rich