Yes, it may be easier for a lot of us to have all this come to our mailboxes
(God knows I don't want another site to visit - though at the same time, I
don't like this stuff in my inbox either) but for software like Yojimbo
forums are going to be a good self-help area, as well as "gathered info."
However one may like it, listserv's aren't exactly common internet practice
these days and not the best way for lots of people to communicate in an
easily archived way.  I say best in the sense that it is not the best in
terms of "people will use it."

Keep in mind THESE archives were down for over a month.

The forum is a friendlier service to most the people on the web, and having
such info and help is going to be in the best interest of new users to
Yojimbo.