I had the same problem.

The best solution is to simply drag the icon of the PDF from Yojimbo to either Acrobat or Preview and it will open in that application.

If you want a script to do this for the currently selected document:

==========================
on getSelectedItemsOfClass(itemClass)
        set _resultItems to {}
        tell application "Yojimbo"
                set _selectedItems to get selected items of browser window 1
                repeat with i from 1 to count of _selectedItems
                        if class of item i of _selectedItems is itemClass then
                                copy item i of _selectedItems to end of
_resultItems
                        end if
                end repeat
        end tell
        return _resultItems
end getSelectedItemsOfClass

tell application "Yojimbo"
set _selectedPDFArchives to my getSelectedItemsOfClass(pdf archive item) set _files to (export _selectedPDFArchives to (path to temporary items)) as list
end tell

tell application "Adobe Acrobat Professional" --Use you PDF viewer here
        open _files
        activate
end tell

tell application "Finder"