On May 26, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Jason Davies wrote:

I read academic articles in Acrobat (and mark them up with annotations).

Have you looked at Skim?

<http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/>

I used to use Acrobat for annotations, but I've found Skim to be better. It's a much leaner application, more responsive, uses less memory, and to me is easier to use for annotating PDFs than Acrobat. In fact, that's exactly what it was designed for. I've switched from Preview to Skim for my default PDF viewer, and I've got a script in Yojimbo to open PDFs from Yojimbo in Skim.