Spot on. The View menu for things you want to see, the Edit menu for things you want to add/delete.

Rich

On 22 Jul 2007, at 8:25pm, Jan Pieter Kunst wrote:

2007/7/22, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

For example, where in the Mac user interface guidelines is it suggested that:

View > Smart Collections > Serial Numbers

means that you can add/delete a folder? Normally, a checkmark is used
for an option, such as "Bold" on or off and not for a folder "here or
not here". Typically, such commands are under the
"New/Open/Close/Delete" divisions, are they not?

You know, a simple DELETE/REMOVE in the cog wheel would had been more
obvious. After all, you'll see "New Collection" there, why not
"Remove Collection"?

The checkmarks on or off for the Smart Collections mean 'Show' or
'Hide', as I see it, not 'New' or 'Delete'. To me the checkmarks are
perfectly appropriate, they denote the options of showing or hiding
the Smart Collections.

JP