I've just read the archive on this one and partially answered the second question I posted a couple of hours ago.

I understand the reason behind this feature -- but I would VERY MUCH like some kind of way to say "I summoned the Quick Input panel in error and don't want to put this material into Yojimbo at all, so please don't preserve it when I dismiss the panel". That happens significantly more often than wanting to stitch together a Yojimbo doc from multiple clipboard items.

Thanks,
Mark