I strongly suspect that .Mac would get very confused if the contents of the databases varied much. Presumably what Matthew suggested would go something like this: sync the Yj database to .Mac. Disable syncing and replace the Yj database with one of the other versions. Re-enable syncing and sync to .Mac again. If you do this, .Mac may think that items not in the new database were deleted and also delete them from .Mac instead of merging them. You can probably tell the .Mac sync service to merge the .Mac and local version but I think this is risky, especially if the databases are large.

Then again, messing the with the raw sqlite databases is even riskier since you don't know anything about Yojimbo's internal data schema. A quick peek at the database using sqlite databrowser ( http:// sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/) shows that the schema is non-trivial and I sure wouldn't want to mess with it!

The easiest way to do this is to export all the contents in Yojimbo then swamp databases and import everything back into Yojimbo. This is pretty easy to do: Select the library collection, select everything in the Library (Cmd-A), select File | Export and export them to a new folder. Then swap databases, and select File | Import in Yojimbo and re-import everything. The downside is that you'll lose all metadata when you do this: e.g. tags, collections, labels, flags; also encrypted items will be decrypted for export so you'll have to re-encrypt them.

Whatever you do, make sure you backup all the Yj databases before you begin!

Cheers,
Rhet