On Apr 7, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Krzysztof Maj wrote:
can anybody explain me how to store symbolic links inside the Yojimbo database instead of the real file? Is it possible? Because without it, you can loose HDD space really quickly, because you have the same file in two places. What do you think about it? What in case when Yojimbo crash and I need access to my files without Yojimbo?

You _can_ do what you want to do, as others have noted, but I don't know that you should. To quote one of the Bare Bones Developers:

"We never really intended for Yojimbo to be a replacement for the Finder or a file manager, but a place to put (and tag/organize/fetch) things which didn't already have a better place someplace else. Snippets of information, random web pages, etc."

I confess I've been guilty of trying to make Yojimbo do more than it was designed to do, but I've learned better.

I suggest you give Leap a look:

<http://www.ironicsoftware.com/leap/index.html>

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and really impressed. I was impressed enough to shell out what I though was an excessive amount of money to buy it. Think of it as Yojimbo for all of your files that won't go in Yojimbo. Between Yojimbo and Leap, my file management needs are covered.

Part of my reason for trying to put everything in Yojimbo was that I wanted to have one place to go to search for documents. With the greatly improved spotlight in Leopard, this is not a concern for me now. I tag files in Leap and in Yojimbo, and I can do a quick spotlight search to find items in both places.