While I do agree with the much repeated sentiment that a simple tool
which does one thing well is a "good thing" and "the UNIX way", I do
think that Yojimbo would benefit from a few changes that would address
some very frequently requested features without sacrificing
simplicity. From watching this list the past however many months
(maybe years), it seems that over 80% of the requests could be
addressed via three basic changes:

First, the true UNIX way is to embrace other tools and to allow them
via piping. Yojimbo could be very easily extended just by allowing the
data to be opened in an external application - automate the export,
open in external application, and save back to Yojimbo process.

Second, although I get the complexity of the hierarchical collections,
allowing a simple one-level of grouping would address well over 80% of
people's nested folders requests and most likely wouldn't require a
dramatic change to the Core Data implementation.

Finally, enhance the tagging implementation. There needs to be an
easier way to browse files by tags, get a tag count, and manage tags
(i.e. find and delete unused tags). One could imagine an iTunes-like
"browse" function to easily filter by tags, type, and label.