Thank you very much. But I wish Yojimbo to have all this scripts built in by default in the next release.
It would be nice if Yojimbo optionally offered to install some "best of" scripts. For example, the archive email to Yojimbo functionality is something a lot of people probably would use. But users who don't frequent this mailing list won't even know about it. Another one I find useful is "save selection to Yojimbo" in Safari.

On Apr 18, 2008, at 5:01 PM, Krzysztof Maj wrote:

Thank you very much. But I wish Yojimbo to have all this scripts built in by default in the next release.

On 2008-04-18, at 23:41, Rhet Turnbull wrote:

1. Put it in /Users/your_user_name/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail

If that folder doesn't exist, then create it.

2. To access the script in Mail, you need to set the Scripts menu to be visible in the menubar.
Run /Applications/AppleScript/AppleScript Utility.app
Select the setting "Show Scripts Menu in menu bar"

Now in Mail, select the scripts menu icon from the menu bar and select your Mail to Yojimbo script.

I believe that if you do step 2 first then while in Mail, select "Open Scripts Folder | Open Mail Scripts Folder" it will create the folder for you if it doesn't exist.

These instructions are for Tiger and assume that you have a script you want to run manually while in Mail.app. Not sure if Applescript Utility is the same in Leopard.

I have two scripts I run in Mail.app: one sends a selected email to Yojimbo. The other runs as a rule action so that any email with "yj:" on the subject line gets sent to Yojimbo automatically. In the second case, it doesn't matter where you put the script. You create the rule using Mail | Preferences | Rules. Set the action to "Run Applescript" then select the script.

Also, you might want to look at FastScripts (http://www.red- sweater.com/fastscripts/) which lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to scripts. That's how I use my "Archive email to Yojimbo" script. If you use FastScripts, you don't need to step 2 above.

Cheers,
Rhet