Hi,

I guess I owe you all an update of the status of the upcoming release.

First of all thanks to Petar for reminding me that the 2.6.17 kernel
works fine with his sata controller. I took the big grain of salt and
started to reconfigure our 2.6.21 kernel with the 2.6.17 kernel
configuration lacking any other idea.

Completely revamping that configuration that close to a stable release
is something I totally wanted to avoid. There's always the danger of
screwing up royalty when 'wiping the table'. Tough this time it was
the key to success to fix this sata problem.

Till today I revamped the kernel and it's module so that yoper now
also has all kernel modules provided as smp modules. That is one more
important step towards 'out of the box' . There are so many cheap dual
core systems / laptops in the wild ( wish I had one ;D )

The ISO - 135 will be the first one to test as RC1 candidate. There
are surely minor hickups left and there is certainly also some
polishing needed. But sata support was the last big hurdle for RC1.

So one more time to start through and get it done. Let's get this
party started :) .

Looking forward to your contributions and even more important to your
test reports !

regards

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.