Hi Armin,

when I say Yoper takes a lot to boot I meant that it could be significantly
faster mainly because:

1.- If you have static ip, you are enformce to to wait for dhcpd to time out =>
around 1 minute doing nothing. This is specially true with the Live CDs. I have
some ideas to deal with this.
2.- The are some tasks such refreshing GTK2 and Fonts that could be delayed and
done later with the lowest possible priority in background. This way the system
would load much quickier.

I think we should track every point down here
http://www.yoper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Developers:3.1_Tracking_Table ?? This
way everything will be tidied up and we will be able to track down each point's
evolution properly.

In keeping with a different issue,  my laptop's mouse (synaptics touchpad) has
stopped working. It is the only PC I have with Yoper 3.1 installed. I remember
the last thing I did the last time I used it was to update a lot of sofware, so
I'm inclined to say something broke my mouse. I spend almost 2 hours trying to
fix it and I couldn't. The xorg.conf file looked good, so I have no idea what's
happening. There were no error messages either. As you can imagine, having no
mouse gives you very few possibilities to work comfortably.

Well, that's all for the moment being.

Best regards! ;-)