Hi Carlos,

well, of course you're right wth that.. proven even about half a year ago,
when I tested to integrate upstart in yoper and got a boot time of 35/21 secs
(before/later). I agree with the first proposed change, but I don't like the
2nd one. Of course our standard desktop is kde, but as you know, the choice
is up to the user. I can't imagine what would happen, if we e.g. move that
cache updates to the end of the boot sequence right before the agetty and the
system changes to kdm and someone logs in in e.g. xfce... which is using gtk
throughout. The point here is: We can't guarantee in any way that the cache
update is finished before any gtk application is started. Though I remember
very few other distros doing a cache update upon bootup.. maybe it's not even
needed there and should be moved either to the respective specfiles or even
in crontab?

About synaptics, hm.. it's the same here, though I didn't really notice,
because Xorg fall back to use normal mouse drivers, apparently. Xorg log
shows there is a problem with synaptics_drv.so - the xorg synaptics driver:

 dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so: undefined symbol:
miPointerGetMotionEvents
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//synaptics_drv.so

This problem is fixed now, once and forever... I found a patch for the issue,
reworked and included it - all is behaving normally now. I commited the new
spec to the server.

The tracking table was updates with the points I mentioned:
http://www.yoper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Developers:3.1_Tracking_Table

Regards

Armin