Vance Shipley wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:46:55PM +0200, Fredrik Thulin wrote:
> }  I'm not very fond of the application environment anymore.
>
> Why not?  It's the OTP way.

Because it doesn't let the application perform validation, normalization
etc. on the configuration data and it is unknown if entering something
looking sensible (uhh) e.g. :

   {ssl, [{protocol_versions, sslv3}]}

will have any effect at all, or there was in fact a typo in there somewhere.

Also it is hard for most people to use (most people = all people not
used to programming Erlang).

My goal when implementing the configuration subsystem with pluggable
backends was to get rid of the Erlang syntax configuration file - I just
didn't get all the way to the finish back then ;).