Fredrik Thulin wrote:

> Because it doesn't let the application perform validation,
> normalization etc. on the configuration data and it is unknown if
> entering something looking sensible (uhh) e.g. :
>
>   {ssl, [{protocol_versions, sslv3}]}
>
> will have any effect at all, or there was in fact a typo in there
> somewhere.
>
> Also it is hard for most people to use (most people = all people not
> used to programming Erlang).

I didn't get it :) Why do you need a validation of an app-file? I guess
app-files must be created by developers and not end users, no? BTW,
app-files are created once and it is much simplier to make an error when
writing a hook than adding 1 string to an app-file :)

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.